COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
MARATHON CROSS COUNTRY SKI AND SNOWSHOE CLUB
All patrons and volunteers are asked to adhere to the Thunder Bay District Health Unit guidelines in accessing the trail system. https://www.tbdhu.com/coronavirus. Please see additional information below.
- All patrons will be asked to self–screen prior to trail use. Please use the Ontario Self-screening tool. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- Anyone who screens positive is asked to refrain from using the trail system and to follow local public health guidelines.
Membership/ trail fees:
- Trail use will be by seasonal membership only.
- Memberships must be purchased online. (zone4.ca/register)
- Day use passes will not be available this year.
On the trails:
- Patrons are encouraged to go on their own, or with others in their household or social bubble.
- Patrons are asked to maintain 2 meters for physical distancing while on the trails.
- Patrons are asked not to congregate in the parking lot or on the trails.
- There is only one-way traffic flow on the trail system; please abide by this.
Use of Masks:
- Wearing a mask while skiing or snowshoeing, unless mandated by local by-laws or public health directives, is not necessary where appropriate physical distancing can be maintained.
- Use of a non-medical mask is suggested for arrival and departure where appropriate physical distancing may not be possible.
- Non-medical masks are required to be worn while using the portable toilet.
- Electronic communications will be the primary means of communicating with club members. Please access our website marathonskiclub.ca or our Facebook page.
- There will be one physical communication board in the club parking lot on which will be posted key information.